At Smiles for Life Family Dentistry, we put the “mile” in “smile” because we always go the extra mile for your smile! Our dentists, Dr. John M. Queen, Dr. M. Joseph Wills, and Dr. Paul M. Leatham, are qualified experts who use only the most advanced technology. As such, we offer high-quality dental veneers in Las Vegas, Nevada.
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin, medical-grade shields placed in front of the teeth. Made of advanced porcelain or ceramics, they naturally blend in with the other teeth. Veneers have many benefits, such as whitening teeth, being extremely durable, stain-resistant, and more.
Pros of Dental Veneers:
The pros of veneers include the following:
- Extremely Durable. We make veneers out of medical-grade porcelain or ceramic. They are stain-resistant and can bear the weight of daily activities. Each veneer perfectly fits each tooth to maximize its life, durability, and cosmetic appearance.
- Instant Results. Once we install veneers, you will see immediate results. Whether you’re looking to minimize a gap, whiten your teeth, or all of the above, veneers offer immediate benefits.
- Whiten Your Teeth. Veneers offer a long-term solution to tooth discoloration. While teeth whitening is very effective, it is prone to fade. On the other hand, veneers are stain-resistant and designed to last. With veneers, you’ll have a white, bright smile for years.
- Stain-Resistant. All our veneers are stain-resistant! Enjoy all the foods you love without worrying about stains or blemishes.
- Veneers are Safe. Our medical-grade porcelain and ceramic are biocompatible and work well with the teeth. To bond the veneer to the tooth, we use an effective, harmless, and safe bonding agent. You’ll never have to worry about allergic or adverse reactions.
- Easy Maintenance. Unlike other dental procedures, veneers require no special care. If one practices good hygiene habits such as brushing, flossing, and checkups, your veneers will be happy and healthy.
- Repair Minor Cosmetic Problems. Veneers are excellent at repairing minor dental issues, such as cracks, chips, gaps, discoloration, crookedness, and more. While unable to repair larger and more complex problems, they can fix a wide variety of more minor issues.
Cons of Dental Veneers:
The cons of veneers include:
- Irreversible Treatment. Before we place dental veneers, we take off a thin layer of teeth enamel. Removing this layer will provide a more adhesive surface, giving the veneers extra strength and longevity. However, this process also permanently damages those teeth and can’t be undone.
- Increased Sensitivity. Because we remove a thin layer of enamel from the tooth, it may cause increased sensitivity. Without the proper amount of enamel, it makes your teeth more vulnerable to temperature.
- Shorter Lifespan. Veneers have a shorter lifespan compared to bridges, crowns, implants, and other dental procedures. This is partially due to their minimally invasive treatment, while the others are much more invasive. With proper care, veneers can last up to 15 years before needing to be replaced.
- They can be Damaged. Veneers are tough, but they’re not invincible. They’re prone to cracking- especially from non-food items such as ice, pens, or fingernails. Once a veneer cracks or chips, we will replace it as soon as possible.
Dental Veneers in Las Vegas, Nevada
Did any of the pros or cons tickle your fancy? Are veneers for you? Well, they just might be! With so many benefits and advantages, veneers offer something to everyone. At Smiles for Life Family Dentistry, we take great pride in our work and provide the highest quality treatments in Las Vegas, Nevada. We’re happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.